Safe and effective whitening solutions
Close gaps and spaces
Reverse years of red wine, coffee drinking and smoking
Straighten crooked, chipped and worn down teeth
Replace old yellow fillings
Fix that grey tooth
Do you cover your mouth when smiling? See a grey tooth in every family photo? We have the skills and experience to give you the smile you want.
Book in for a consultation to discuss your concerns and let us show you what is actually possible.
Pola Tooth Whitening
Have you always wanted white teeth? Why wait any longer...with in-chair and at home tooth whitening solutions, a bright new smile is only moments away.
Ask us how we can transform your smile.
Dazzling Porcelain Veneers
Chipped, stained or discoloured front teeth??? Porcelain veneers have never looked this good!
Matching a single tooth, or giving you a straighter and brighter smile is easier than you may think.
Yellow teeth…Stained filling…Thin enamel…Uneven teeth…Overlapping teeth…Worn teeth…Missing teeth…Discoloured crowns…Gummy smile…Small teeth…Decayed teeth… the list goes on and on!
Guess what? We have seen all of the above and more! Some solutions are simple, some are complex but you can rest assured that we have the experience to help you achieve the results you want.
From tooth whitening, to replacement of old fillings, Invisalign or a set of brilliant white porcelain veneers, we are here to help.
Cosmetic Dentistry Solutions in Blackburn & Other Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
We often underestimate how important our teeth are in our lives. From eating, to confidence and self esteem, our teeth are essential to us. One of first things you notice when meeting somebody is their teeth!
A number of cosmetic solutions are available to restore a single tooth or a whole arch of teeth and there is usually a treatment to suit any budget. We use the latest and most aesthetic materials available to give you a natural, lasting result.
Our cosmetic solutions include:
- Tooth Whitening
- Porcelain Veneers and Crowns
- Composite Fillings and Veneers
- Replacement of Missing Teeth
- Invisalign and Orthodontics
- Tooth whitening is a safe and effective way of improving your smile if performed properly and under the guidance of a dentist. DO NOT risk your teeth at a shopping centre with a sales assistant who has no dental training
- Change the colour of brown, yellow, mottled or speckled enamel and discolouration from smoking, tea, coffee, red wine and certain medications
- In-chair bleaching in as little as 30 minutes, or at-home results in 1-2 weeks
- Healthy teeth and gums are a must before whitening is undertaken and if carried out properly, it is completely safe. Occasionally, some patients do experience temporary sensitivity during and for a few hours following whitening. Discuss with your dentist how to alleviate this concern
- At Toothpals Dental Care, we use Pola Tooth Whitening systems to improve the shade of your teeth. We have a solution that will suit you…check out their website for more information
Porcelain Veneers and Crowns
Porcelain veneers and crowns offer the most life-like restoration option for crooked, worn or chipped teeth. Excellent aesthetics, shape and translucency can be achieved and they also provide the best in strength and bonding to natural tooth structure.
Veneer or Crown?
A porcelain veneer is a thin layer of porcelain bonded to the front surface and edge of your natural tooth and may be suitable to restore or to change the shape of your tooth. A porcelain veneer can be manufactured very thin and can often be placed with minimal preparation of your natural tooth. As well as changing the shape, the veneer can be made whiter than your natural teeth and can mask blotches or markings. We have great control over how we ‘design’ your new teeth.
Veneer – A thin facing bonded to the front tooth surface
A porcelain crown is manufactured to look the same as a porcelain veneer. The main difference is that a crown covers all surfaces of the tooth. A crown may be recommended if;
- the tooth is heavily filled
- greater shape changes are required
- we need to change the way your teeth meet
- you have a strong bite
Crown – for strength and greater shape change
Composite Fillings and Veneers
There are some times where simple white filling material is sufficient to address your aesthetic concerns. White composite resin filling material is stronger than ever, it maintains its colour over the years and can be polished to be very smooth and shiny.
Composite resin can be used successfully for;
- replacement of old discoloured fillings
- restoration of small to moderate sized fractures
- masking mild discolouration
Composite resin veneers can also be built up to change the shape and shade of your teeth, much like a porcelain veneer. Composite veneers cost less and are quicker to place than porcelain veneers but are not as strong and while their aesthetics are good, they may not match that of porcelain. More long term maintenance is required.
Replacement of Missing Teeth
Missing teeth can be easily replaced to improve aesthetics with a number of options including teeth that are fixed and removable. Replacement of one or many teeth is possible and we have great control over how your new teeth will look.
- Dental Implants are fixed and can replace one or many teeth. These are the most natural looking and do not rely on adjacent teeth to support them
- Bridges can be made of reinforced porcelain or composite resin. They are fixed but rely on the support of adjacent teeth
- Dentures can replace one or many teeth. Dentures usually cost less than dental implants and bridges and have clips that attach around some of your remaining teeth. Dentures are removable and need to be cleaned after eating
Invisalign and Orthodontics
One of the most conservative treatments we have available to improve your smile and can be used in conjunction with other cosmetic options.
Invisalign is the clear alternative to wearing traditional braces and has been used successfully in millions of cases around the world. It’s a fantastic alternative for those concerned about the look of traditional braces as it works through wearing a number of clear plastic aligners for a set period of time.
We can use Invisalign to move your front teeth into a more desirable position so that less restorative treatment is need to improve your smile.
"Adam has been my dentist for many years and I wouldn't see anybody else. He explains everything in language I can understand and I'm confident that he is looking after my teeth" C Ashbolt
"The team at Toothpals is friendly and caring. They go out of their way to make sure I always feel comfortable" M Reed
"Great service at a reasonable price. Found my dentist for life" S Wright
"Very Impressed with the team at Toothpals. Would highly recommend a visit for the family." H Maud